Earth Day is kind of a big deal around here. So much of what we do - eating organic, offering products made from recycled materials, composting, the list goes on - is done to lower our impact on this beautiful planet that we call home. This April 22nd we will be making a list of our Earth Day Pledges and we invite you to join us to share yours.
A Little Earth Day Pledge Inspiration
- Start Composting
- Go meatless on Mondays
- Join an Organic CSA
- Buy in bulk (uses less packaging)
- Become a one car family
- Walk or bike whenever you can
- Carpool to any events or to work
- Use public transportation if it's available
- Buy as close to home as possible
- Pick up all the litter you walk by
- Pay bills online or over the phone
- Avoid plastic
- Plant a tree
- Donate instead of throwing things away
- Support eco-friendly organizations
These are just a handful of ideas that will help you help the Earth. Pick one and make it a habit. When you're ready, add another pledge to your lifestyle. Before you know it, you'll be doing all of these little things without giving them a second thought thus making a positive impact on the environment instead of a negative one!
Our new Earth Day Pledge is to offer more eco-friendly packaging alternatives. So to do our part, we will now offer 16 ounce glass jars (in addition to plastic containers) for the grind-your-own nut butter machines! Today through Earth Day they will be FREE with your peanut or almond butter purchase. After Tuesday they will be only $1 each and can be washed and reused for years to come.
See you on Earth Day!
* Post by Julia Marchand. Click image for source.